Know India Programme
Know India Programme of the Ministry is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, Science & Technology, Communication & Information Technology, culture. These are conducted in partnership with one or two State Governments.
The participants, PIOs in the age group of 18-26 years, are selected based on recommendations received from Heads of Indian Missions/Posts abroad. Selected participants are provided with full hospitality in India during the duration of the programme. 90% (ninety percent) of the total cost of air ticket (at lowest economy excursion fare) is refundable to the participants on successful completion of the programme by them.
The content of the programme broadly includes the following:
- Presentations on the country, political process, developments in various sectors,
- Interaction with faculty and students at a prestigious University/College/Institute,
- Presentation on India's industrial development and visits to some Industries,
- Visit to a village to better understand the typical village life,
- Exposure to Indian media,
- Interaction with NGOs and organizations dealing with women affairs,
- Visit to places of historical importance/Monuments,
- Taking part in Cultural programmes,
- Exposure to yoga,
- Call on high dignitaries, which may include President of India, Chief Election Commissioner of India, Comptroller and Auditor General of India, and other dignitaries.
Click on the following link for information on 1st Know India Programme 2016